Gene Higginbotham founded American Pest Control in November 1971 after many years in the pest control industry with another company. He used his experience and wisdom to build a company that always puts the customer's needs first, creating a family-owned business that has thrived for over 46 years.
Now children, Laurie and Scott, continue the mission their father started 46 years ago, by providing honesty, integrity, and professionalism to all clients. Great customer service paired with up-to-date and efficient technology has provided APC with the tools to become one of Northeast Georgia's largest family-owned pest control companies.
American Pest Control, Inc.'s Company History
- 1971 American Pest Control, Inc. founded by Gene Higginbotham
- 1977 American Pest Control, Inc. becomes debt free
- 1983 Conversion from manual accounting to computers
- 1985 Chlordane termiticide removed from market
- 1988 Purchased Boland Bonded Exterminating of Athens, GA
- 1990 Purchased Roberts Exterminating of Toccoa, GA
- 1992 Implemented "Integrated Pest Management System"
- 1994 Purchased Rockdale Pest Control of Conyers, GA
- 1997 Became one of the first authorized users of the Sentricon Colony Elimination System
- 1999 Quarterly Pest Management System implemented
- 1999 American Pest Control establishes site on the World Wide Web
- 2000 Chlorpyrifos, (Dursban) removed from market
- 2001 American Pest Control, Inc. celebrates 30th anniversary with company image change
- 2001 Introduction of Termidor
- 2003 Introduction of Noviflumuron and Sentricon with ESP
- 2003 American Pest Control, Inc. converts from Routeman to Service Pro.
- 2006 American Pest Control, Inc. celebrates its 35th anniversary
- 2006 Gene Higginbotham awarded Lifetime achievement award
- 2009 American Pest Control changes business model to Universal Technicians
- 2011 Awarded QualityPro Distinction
- 2011 Introduction of Sentricon with Always Active technology
- 2011 American Pest Control, Inc. celebrates its 40th anniversary
- 2012 Added Wildlife disivion
- 2014 Opened Clayton and Anderson offices
- 2016 Opened St. Simons Island office